Thursday, August 12, 2010

Greater things are yet to come.

I continue to put this off day after day but here I sit again. I am missing mom a bit more than usual. It's coming time for another first without her and it has been tough. This whole week for me has been a difficult time. Work was hard for more reasons than one. I continue to pray for friends who have recently lost loved ones. I think all of this makes today's email hit closer to home. It reminds me that even through the tough times, we are being prepared for great things we cannot imagine!

----------
9/5/2008

"Hey Chatty Cathy, how's your morning going? Here's your verse for today. It is from 1 Corinthians 2:9:  'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived the things God has prepared for those who love him.' What a great verse for this whole last week. We had all but given up hope for you ever getting a kidney but we just couldn't uderstand the great thing God had planned and prepared right around the corner! Now you've got Josephine and who knows what great things are going to come fro you--aside from boat loads of pee, of course!

Speaking of that, here's another verse for you from Isaiah 58:11: 'The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.'

I'm excited about this weekend. I may not get to call tonight but I love you.
Andi"

1 comment:

  1. This one made me both laugh and cry! I know that your birthday without Mom is going to be rough and I'll be praying for you...

    On another note, you might want to explain "Josephine"... :)

    ReplyDelete